This post is about my experiences installing CentOS 6.0 on Mac Mini ’07 model. Its an absolutely wonderful piece of hardware – 1.8Ghz, 2 G, 80GB. This had been running OSX for last 4 years and finally decided to move onto linux.
One of the problems with new OSX operating systems is they tend to run slower.
Steps to install:
1. Go to centos website and download 386 ISO ( i chose minimal edition can always install software and customize the environment)
This edition of mac mini runs on Core Duo chipset hence x86_64 is not supported.
2. Burn the ISO on a RW CD
3. Reboot the system and place the media on CD drive
4. Wait for a while until you see installer and follow the steps to install the application.
5. I chose to use the entire HD for linux, don’t plan to run osx on this anymore
6. create users etc and reboot system.